الإعدام والمعدومين في لبنان منذ الإستقلال حتى اليوم / Executions in Lebanon since independence till today
Click the picture to enlarge
الإعدام والمعدومين في لبنان منذ الإستقلال حتى اليوم : اعدادهم، جنسياتهم،اعمارهم والأسباب التي كانت خلف اعدامهم
Execution in Lebanon since independence till today. This infographic displays the age, number, and the reasons behind those who got executed.
- Poverty (theft, robbery, marginalization, ransom)
- Conflictual relationships or loneliness (rape, murder for adultery, …)
- Influence of environment and social circles (clannish traditions, context of violence, …)
- Confessional reasons (confessional divisions in 1958, militiamen after 1989, …)
- Political reasons (such as Antoine Saadé zaïm and founder of the SSNP)
Way of execution: 37 hanging and 17 shot.
52 persons were officially executed in Lebanon since independence / among them 11 were not Lebanese but Syrian, Egyptian, and Palestinian. More than half of them were older than 27.
The last time that the sentence was carried out was in 2004.